1.03.2009

2008 favorites: sports features

Between Iowa and prep football, state basketball and state track, I had a decent year of improving my sports action shooting, but none that stand out enough to share here. My two favorite sports features from the year are both from the state track meet. I'm sure it has nothing at all to do with the seven years I spent on the elementary/middle/high school track teams, but I really loved covering the state meet. The excitement of a win or the devastation of a loss that never gets old, especially in the relay events.

Iowa City West's Dani Freeman, clockwise from top left, Kristi Schuette, Hadiza Sa-Aadu and Kalee Schilling huddle after their second place finish in the girls' 4A 1600 meter relay finals, cementing their team's state championship at the state track meet at Drake Stadium in Des Moines on Saturday, May 17, 2008.

Nevada's Brittany Kruschwitz lays on the ground after running the anchor leg of the girls 3A distance medley relay during the state track meet at Drake Stadium in Des Moines on Friday, May 16, 2008. The Nevada team placed 22nd out of 24 teams in the relay.

1 comment:

  1. That top image is amazing! If we were doing a print swap I'd take that one or the overview of the flood. You rock Liz!

    ReplyDelete