8.26.2013

New CR library




This Saturday, I got to spend some time at the downtown Cedar Rapids library's grand opening, which was a pretty ideal day for me; some of my earliest and fondest memories are of the library in the small New Jersey town where we lived in the mid-80s. I've been photographing the progress of the library over the past few years, so to see it all come together was really rewarding. For those not familiar with the story: the library was one of the many buildings flooded in 2008, and since then has operated out of a makeshift home in a mall and a small downtown storefront. The new library has been built further from the river and houses more than 200,000 new materials. It's also two blocks from the Gazette/KCRG newsroom, sitting right across Greene Square Park from the art museum. I'm sharing a few favorites from work in July along with Saturday's celebration; the full gallery is over here.








No comments:

Post a Comment