2.03.2011

Blizzard: Wednesday morning


Since I stayed near downtown overnight, I (rather smartly) left my car in the office garage to avoid digging out in the morning. Striking out on foot and wandering only roughly in the direction of the office, I found this guy helping free a friend's car on a side street, in addition to the obvious-but-necessary (shoveling and snowblowing), which don't really need to be shared. The photo above was in a gallery on Denver Post's Captured blog, along with a few photos by fellow Mizzou'er and brand new photo editor at the Columbia Daily Tribune, Parker Eshelman.



Our Iowa City office has a balcony overlooking a usually-busy downtown intersection. Only an occasional car passed through.. and then a snowshoer (brought to my attention by Getty Images photog Chip Somodevilla, along for a day of feature-hunting adventures). Coffee, adjust layers, research sledding hills, and onto the afternoon session..